Acting resume is a kind of actor’s calling card. Which also includes the actor’s headshot. The actor’s experience and past work as well as acting résumé reflects all of the actor’s education and acting classes that the actor has taken. It contains all the information of the actor along with the physical data. So we learn How to Create a Professional Acting Resume? This is an artistic part of your success.
Maybe you are still in the early stages and you don’t have any acting experience yet, but there is nothing to worry about. Marlon Brando, Al-Pacino, and other world-renowned actors also started somewhere. The beginning always starts from zero. But a good start can come from a good and perfect resume. You can still make an acting resume that you can take pride in handing over to any casting director or agent. It can make your acting just as professional again. And this can be the first perfect step in your acting career. therefore read carefully, How to Create a Professional Acting Resume?
The Basics of Acting Resume
1. Your resume is always on one (1) sheet of paper.
2. Do not use any crazy fonts or unprofessional fonts. Stick with Times New Roman or Ariel.no one wants to read a script that hurts the eyes.
3. You can make the headings black or different colors on your resume (name, TV / Film / Theater section, Special skill section) but I will not choose more than one color.
4. Never share false things on your resume. Because you can get caught at some point by lying, which can cause deep damage to your early career. Then whether you are working with a big banner in USA, UK, INDIA, CHINA, JAPAN or in any small community. You do not want to damage your reputation.
5. Acting resumes should be easy to read. Do not make it difficult in any way.
6. It should fit easily behind your 8 × 10 headshot. Staple it with headshots in two opposite corners and cut off excess paper.
7. The era of online acting resumes has increased significantly. It will also be an attempt to have a one-page resume.
8. When sending an online resume, you attach 2 to 3 pictures. Full, mid, and closeup.
9. Lastly, make sure you save it as a PDF, so it is compatible with any device.
Know More: Acting Books For Actors
Acting Resume Template (With Agent)
Acting Resume Template (Without Agent)
Know More: How to Become an Actor
I am an Actor by profession. A few years after graduating in theater arts, I realized that I should do something to promote art. Just since then my aim is to share my knowledge to all people. I hope all of you are with me.